This article will demonstrate how to easily reset your Canon printer to factory/default settings. As a result, in order to complete the process, make sure you properly follow all of the instructions outlined below.
To finish the How to Reset Canon Printer to Factory/Default Settings method, carefully follow all of the steps given below:
- Locate the “setup” option on your Canon printer.
- Using the arrow buttons on your printer, navigate to “device settings.”
- Then, press the “OK” button.
- Select “reset setting” with the arrow buttons once again and press “OK.”
- Choose “Reset All” and then click “OK.”
- Then click “yes.”
- Finally, press the “OK” button one more time to complete the process.
- Keep in mind that when you reset your printer, you must reconfigure it for future use.
Because many printers lack a reset button, users can reset their Canon printer using the following method:
- To begin, turn off the printer.
- Remove the power cable at this time as well. Ensure that the printer is completely disconnected from any power source.
- You now have 30 seconds to wait.
- Reconnect the cable to the printer and plug it back into the power source.
- Start your printer.
This quick fix should answer your question about ‘How to Reset Canon Printer.’ If your problem has not been resolved, try one of the methods listed below.
This method also eliminates the need for any software to be used to complete the process of restoring the Canon printer to factory settings. The procedure is as follows:
- Check that the printer is powered on and connected to the computer. To turn off the printer, press the “power” button.
- Then, hold down the “stop” button for two seconds.
- Press the power button for two seconds while holding down the “stop” button.
- Remove your hands from the stop button.
- Press the “stop” button five times while holding down the “power” button.
- Remove the “power” button.
Your printer has been reset, and the screen is now blank. Allow a few seconds for the reset to restore the Canon printer to factory settings. Simply press the “On” button to restart your printer once it has stopped making noises.
That’s it; the steps are now finished. Your Canon printer has been successfully reset.
A hard reset will restore your printer’s default settings; to do so, follow these steps:
- Hold down the “stop” button until the printer’s alarm goes off.
- Next, press the “start” button 19 more times.
- Your printer has now been returned to its factory settings.
- Remove your printer’s drivers from all of your computers.
- Finally, make sure that all of your computer’s drivers are up to date.
Follow the steps below to restore your Canon Pixma printer to its factory settings:
- To begin, turn on the printer.
- Navigate to the menu and use the arrows to scroll down. Click on the “device settings” option when you find it.
- After pressing the “Ok” button, select the “resetting” option.
- To begin the reset process, click “OK” once more.
- Turn off your PIXMA printer and simultaneously press the “stop” and “power” buttons.
- While holding down the power button, release the stop button.
- Now, press the “stop” button two more times.
- Then you must wait until the letter “O” appears on the screen. It could take up to 30 seconds to complete.
- Now, press the “stop” button four times.
- Press the power button two more times.
- Finally, to turn off your printer, press the power button once more.
These are some basic procedures for resetting your Canon or PIXMA printer. Follow the steps carefully to successfully complete the ‘How to Reset Canon Printer to Factory /Default Settings’ process.