The Canon PIXMA TR7500 Series Wireless Home Office All-in-One printer has the comparable print quality and speed to the Editors’ Choice Canon PIXMA TR8520, but it lacks a basic feature.
The TR7500 Series lacks Ethernet connectivity and the ability to print from SD cards found in the TR8520, as well as a smaller display (3 inches vs. 4.3-inch touchscreen on the flagship model). While the TR8520 remains our editors’ Choice Home-Office All-in-One for low-to-medium volume usage, the TR7500 Series is a good choice for Thrifty users who don’t need the features listed above.
The TR7500 series is a multifunction printer with printing, scanning, copying, and faxing capabilities. This matte-black printer has a stylish design with rounded corners as a foundation. It measures 7.5 by 17.3 by 13.8 inches in height, width, and depth (HWD) and weighs 17.3 pounds. This device features a tiltable front panel and a 3-inch touch-screen LCD with numerous buttons which makes it easier to use.
It has an auto-duplexer for duplex printing. The TS series models lack a letter-sized flatbed scanner and an automatic 20-sheet (ADF) document feeder for copying, scanning, or faxing an unsupervised stack of documents. ADF and fax capabilities make the TR7500 series best suited to home use. It also lacks a memory card reader.
Canon TR7500 printers are compatible with computers, networks, and smartphones via USB, Wi-Fi, or the Canon print app (including with a Bluetooth connection). It also supports PIXMA Cloudlink, which enables you to access your files directly from a variety of photo sharing, social networking, and storage sites.
When printing the text-only (Word) section of our Business Applications Suite, the TR7500 Series averages 13.4 pages per minute (ppm), and 4.7 ppm when printing the entire Business Suite, which includes PDF, PowerPoint, and Excel files in addition to the above Word document. These results are comparable to the Canon TR8520, which has a time limit of 12.8 ppm for the Word document and 4.7 ppm for the full suite, which has a time limit of 13.2 ppm for the Word document and 4.7 ppm for the full suite, respectively. The TR7500 Series took an average of 37 seconds per print when printing photos, which is a respectable speed.
Graphics were mostly full of colour, with the exception of a few faded backgrounds. The TR7500 Series was particularly good at distinguishing between similar tones and thin coloured lines. On various backgrounds, a banding trail, a regular pattern of striations, was visible.
Printing formal reports or PowerPoint handouts necessitates the use of high-quality graphics.
- Save a copy of the file to your computer. See where the file is stored on your computer.
- Decompress the downloaded file by double-clicking it, and the installation process will begin automatically.
1. If the operating system is upgraded while the fixed scanner driver is installed, scanning with the printer’s SCAN button is no longer possible. If this is the case, reinstall the scanner driver.
2. Reinstall the MP driver if it is interrupted by the following actions while the connection screen is waiting. The installation is not completed even if a USB cable is plugged in or the Power Supply is turned back on.
3. When the connection is changed from a network connection to a USB connection, the scan from the Scan printer button does not work. Reinstall the MP driver and select a different method of connection.
1. Get a hold of the file. To find out where the file is saved, look in your computer’s settings.
2. To mount the downloaded file on the disc image, double-click it.
3. Double-click the mounted disc image to open it.
4. Double-click the packaged file in the folder. The installation process begins automatically.
Go to the Canon J Setup Website to get the software drivers for your printer type.
- You must open Winrar files that contain driver downloads with a free Winrar extractor to view the files contained within
- To have the files extracted in the same folder, right-click the file and select Extract Here.
- To begin the installation process, locate the setup file and double-click it.
- The final installation steps are to restart the computer to ensure that the software drivers have been installed correctly.
- After the computer restarts, connect the printer to the computer using the default cable to see if the printer is now recognised.
If your printer uses a wireless connection system, ensure that your WiFi is turned on and that both your computer and printer are connected to it.
- Utilize the included USB cable to connect the printer to the computer. Due to the short length of the standard printer USB cable, you must keep the printer close to the computer.
- Turn your printer on. After turning on some printer models, the installation process will begin automatically, or the installation instructions will appear on a computer screen. Proceed to the next step if nothing similar occurs on your computer.
- Click the Start menu in the lower-left corner of the Windows logo image.
- Go to the Devices and Printers section. Go to Settings – Devices – Printers & Scanners in Windows 10.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner button at the top of the screen. Any printers that are connected to a computer will be scanned.
- Choose the printer model that best fits your needs. If your printer’s name isn’t listed, click The printer I want isn’t listed. Then, click the search button to have the system look for your printer driver on your hard drive. If your computer is still unable to scan your printer, you may need to download the necessary driver software.
- To complete the process, please follow the on-screen instructions > Reboot the computer.
You can also install the printer by sharing it with computers that have a CD driver, in addition to the two methods described above.