Canon is the market leader in the development of cutting-edge optical imaging products on a global scale. Its products include cutting-edge, intuitive printers, scanners, and cameras. Indeed, through its cutting-edge product line, it delivers an unmatched user experience. This is particularly true with regards to Printing Devices. In other words, it is the market leader in the world for high-quality printing and scanning devices. To get the most out of these best-in-class machines, they must be configured properly. This includes configuring the device to communicate with the rest of your home network. The Printer must be connected to the Internet in order to function properly. This means that you must always double-check the configuration of your printers. To accomplish this, you must have complete control over the network settings on your printer. Canon accomplishes this by utilising the extremely user-friendly ij Network Tool platform.
Canon provides its users with “IJ Network Tool” as a utility platform. This intuitive tool makes managing the Network Settings of your innovative Printing Machine a breeze. In other words, it enables quick access to and modification of these settings. This software utility tool is installed following the configuration of the Canon Device for network use.
Prior to installing this software application dubbed “IJ Network Tool,” several critical factors must be considered to ensure its proper operation. To maximise the utility of this simple-to-use tool, you must adhere to the specified criteria.
- To connect your printer to a LAN, you must first purchase the necessary connectivity equipment. For instance, a Network Access Point (Router/Modem), or a LAN Cable.
- It is critical that you never use this tool while your computer is performing routine tasks like printing or scanning.
- Similarly, this utility tool must never be used for printing/scanning purposes.
- If you leave the firewall feature of your security software enabled while using your tool. A warning message may then appear. This will notify you of Canon Printer Software’s attempt to connect to the network. In this case, you must alter its configuration. It must be set to “Always Allow Access,” in other words.
- Although this application is compatible with users of Windows XP. They are, however, unable to use the Fast User Switching feature. To use this operating system feature, you must exit the Canon Software.
- Begin by launching an Internet Browser that is already installed on your System.
- Now, navigate to Canon’s official website by typing “usa.canon.com” into your browser’s address bar.
- Following that, you must navigate to the “Support” page for the application.
- From the “Support” menu box, choose the “Software and Drivers” tab and then click on it.
- This window provides access to the web page for the printer. Thus, in the provided Search Bar, type your Device’s Model Number. Then press “Enter.”
- After that, go to the “Drivers and Downloads” area.
- Then, from the drop-down box, select an operating system. Then, choose the operating system that is most appropriate for your computer.
- This will display a list of available software for installation based on the printer’s model number.
- Now, look for the “IJ Network Tool” option. Click on the corresponding “Select” button to expand the menu box.
- Following that, you must investigate the specifics of the software application you’ve selected.
- Following that, click the “Download” tab to begin the downloading process.
- Finally, await the completion of this process.
- To begin, locate the “IJ Network Tool” that was downloaded to your system.
- Double-click the located file to launch the software installer.
- Now, open the “.pkg (package)” file that was included in the installation package.
- Following that, the Installer will walk you through a straightforward and straightforward installation process. As a result, simply follow the on-screen prompts.
- Click “Close” to exit the Installer once the installation is complete.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Depending on your operating system, this tool is located in a different location on your computer.
On the Start screen of your Windows device, you’ll find an icon for “IJ Network Tool.” To accomplish this, simply click on the Windows “Start” button in the bottom left-hand corner of your monitor. This tab is required in order to access this utility tool. However, if you’re unable to locate it. Following that, launch the “Search” window. Enter the tool’s name and press the “Enter” key.
- Take a look at the Windows “Start” button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Select “All Programs.”
- Now, choose the “Canon Utilities” programme.
- After that, click “IJ Network Tool.”
- Select this tool once more to open this user-friendly application.
- Launch “Finder” from your Mac’s “Dock.”
- Navigate to the screen’s upper-left corner. Now, click the “Go” tab.
- Select “Applications” from the menu bar.
- After that, navigate to the “Canon Utilities” folder.
- Following that, click “Canon IJ Network Tool” to access the tool’s folder.
- Double-click the “Canon IJ Network Tool” tab that appears.
Ques.How do I install the Canon IJ network Scan utility?
Ans.Download and install the MP Drivers/IJ Scan Utility.
- In the United States of America, visit the Canon Support page.
- Enter the model number of your printer/scanner in the search box.
- When your model’s name appears, click on it.
- Locate the “MP Drivers” file under the Drivers heading.
- Click Download to save the file to your computer.
Ques.What is the Canon IJ Network Tool’s purpose?
Ans.IJ Network Tool is a utility that enables you to view and modify your computer’s network settings. It is installed during the machine’s initialization. Assemble the necessary equipment, such as a wireless router or a LAN cable, to connect the machine to a LAN.
Ques.What is the reason for my Canon printer’s refusal to scan my computer?
Ans.Ascertain that the ‘network’ version of the printer is selected at programme startup. If you are able to scan using the programme, restart your computer. Then turn off and on the printer again to verify that you can scan from the operator panel.