When you see such an error on your screen, try using the troubleshooting techniques that can help you resolve it. Before we get into the solutions for Canon MX922 print head errors, let us first understand what is causing the Canon MX922 print head not working problem.
There are numerous reasons for your device to fail. The following are some of the reasons:
- This error is usually caused by an improperly installed print head.
- Internal issues in your printing device can also cause the print head not to work.
- The error can also occur if your cartridge stops working properly.
- The problem could be caused by an incompatible print head with the printing device.
These are some of the possible causes of print head issues in your Canon MX922 printer.
Examine the solutions provided below to troubleshoot Canon MX922 print head issues.
You might get the print head error if your ink cartridges aren’t working properly. Please read the steps below carefully to resolve this issue.
- The first step is to unplug your printer from the power outlet. Lift the lid to open your printer. Slide the carriage to the other side with caution.
- Begin cleaning your printing machine by removing the print head and ink tanks.
- Dip a cotton bud into an isopropyl alcohol and warm water solution. Using that cotton bud, clean both the print head and the ink cartridges.
- Make sure not to miss any areas of the cartridges when cleaning. Rub the cotton buds on the electronic parts of the ink tanks as well.
- Continue cleaning the cartridge until the ink runs clear.
- Allow the cartridges to dry completely before replacing them in their original location.
- Connect your printer to an outlet and power it up by pressing the power button.
- To see if the print head error has been resolved, try printing a document. If the problem persists, proceed to the next solution.
Your printing machine may malfunction as a result of internal issues. To resolve this matter, please follow these steps:
- Fire up your Canon printer.
- Lift the scanning unit after removing the tray. Your print head will move as a result of this.
- The inner cover and ink bottles should then be removed.
- Place your print head in the holder position of Canon software by lifting the print head lock lever.
- Close the scanning cover and return the ink bottles to their original location.
- After you’ve completed these steps, try printing a document to solve your problem.
These are the two solutions for Canon MX922 print head problems. If your issue has not been resolved, please contact the Canon printer team. Professional experts will arrive at your location and resolve your issue.
Canon printers are the most powerful and long-lasting printers available today. Mechanical failures can occur with the Canon printer, as with any other technological device.
Print head errors are currently the most frustrating printer errors for users. This print head issue is also referred to as error code 1403. The error message appears on the screen when you attempt to print a document. The message could also appear as a result of a faulty printer installation.